8.11.2009

meet this southern girl

I have decided to start a blog about my life with my husband and our adorable pooch. I love reading other people's blogs about their lives and the day to day things that happen so I want to share all about mine too!

All about this southern girl-

I was born and raised in a tiny town. I moved when I was 12 to another small, southern town. Now, before we get to far into this, I do not claim to be from Mississippi, Georgia or Alabama. Actually, most people might say that I am from the Mid-west! -- You say to-mat-to and and I say tom-at-o!

I have one amazing husband who spoils me rotten. He treats me well and laughs at most of my jokes. He prefers sweat pants any day and lets me shop whenever I want. Sounds like the perfect husband to me. More than that, I have had three terrible times in my life when I wanted the world to go away and curl up in a ball, on my couch and stay there forever. He was there and helped me become a better woman through the three most difficult times in my life. For that, I am forever grateful.

We have one adorable pooch, who is a mess. She is cute as can be but doesn't listen to save her life and will lick you all day! I suppose that is her way to show her affection. She thinks she can run with the big dogs but they could eat her in one bite.

The husband, pup and I live in, what I call, a northern city. It is far from where we can home but are living our lives here while starting our new lives. Our life is not perfect-- it is messy and complicated and hard at times, but we wouldn't change a thing.

This blog will be a journal of our lives. I love all things baking, cooking, home decorating, photography, sewing and shopping. This is just the start of a wonderful blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

As you can imagine, this blog is about me -- a southern girl, well woman actually, living in a northern city. I don't claim to be from Mississippi or any other southern state but my accent might fool you. And I don't claim to live in New York-- really, I live in a mid-western city. From the small, southern town where I was raised, I am far from home but this is my new life. This blog will document my journey with my amazing husband and our pooch and the rest of our family.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP