2.03.2010

Thoughts on Motherhood

Recently, a lot of bloggers have announced the birth of their children or their pregnancy. This baby boom has got me thinking about our future children.

I LOVE children. As a matter of fact, I have 12 nieces and nephews -- 6 nieces and 6 nephews. Being the youngest of 7, I sort of have to love kids. I was an aunt from the time that I was 15. With that being said, I love most kids -- my nieces and nephews and the two cute little boys I call my nephews -- my best friends' children.

Back to my point - the recent baby boom has got me thinking about being a parent myself? I have a few questions for all of the recent moms out there:

  • How did you know you were ready to start your family?
  • How long did you try to conceive before you were successful?
  • How bad was the labor process?
  • Did you feel you were prepared for labor and being a parent?
  • Is there any advice that you wished you had know before your little one arrived?

I ask because I think maybe I am ready to try my hand at this parenting thing but since I can't return the kids if it doesn't work out, I am trying to prepare myself.

Feel free to share any websites, blogs or books that you found helpful

3 comments:

cassi 2/4/10, 9:21 AM  

I'm not a mommy yet either but have been thinking the same things for the past few months... there really does seem to be a baby boom going on!

Cecilia 2/12/10, 7:55 PM  

I had my daughter when I was 18. Obviously not ready to start a family then, but definitely deeply committed to giving her the best life possible. I really don't think any one is truly ready. I was induced with my first child and it was horrible. I'm not going to sugar coat it. Contractions every 2 minutes and they are HARD. I wimped out and had an epidural. I decided that I would be a wimp with the next two pregnancies. As far as any advice, I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" 2/16/10, 3:19 PM  

I REALLY think it time to have babies! Lots and lots of babies :)

Labor = WTF
Second Labor = Piece of Cake!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

As you can imagine, this blog is about me -- a southern girl, well woman actually, living in a northern city. I don't claim to be from Mississippi or any other southern state but my accent might fool you. And I don't claim to live in New York-- really, I live in a mid-western city. From the small, southern town where I was raised, I am far from home but this is my new life. This blog will document my journey with my amazing husband and our pooch and the rest of our family.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP