8.31.2009

Well Deserved Time Off

I hate Mondays.  


Really, hate Mondays.  

So, today, I look the day off to spend with Momma.  She was having some oral surgery today and I wanted to be there with her. 

I head home on Saturday morning and spent some time with my Mom and Dad, aunts, uncles and cousins.  I am so thankful that I have such a large, caring family.  Its days like today that I regret being so far from my family.  

My poor Momma was in such pain and was so swollen.  Bless her heart, she just wanted to sleep it off.  I hated that I had to come back to the city and leave her to recover, on her own. Luckily, she will get better care in the nursing home than I could give her.  I just hate that she was there alone.  

Please pray that she recovers fully and rather soon.  I just can't imagine my Mom having some complications from having some teeth pulled.  I don't know how she (and we) would manage.  

I guess that tomorrow reality will set in.  Back to work and the real world... 

Post a Comment

About This Blog

As you can imagine, this blog is about me -- a southern girl, well woman actually, living in a northern city. I don't claim to be from Mississippi or any other southern state but my accent might fool you. And I don't claim to live in New York-- really, I live in a mid-western city. From the small, southern town where I was raised, I am far from home but this is my new life. This blog will document my journey with my amazing husband and our pooch and the rest of our family.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP