9.01.2009

September Goals

One thing I love about Kim's blog is her monthly goals at the beginning of the month and a goal review at the end.  It is such a great way to keep you on track for your goals.  It also forces you to be honest with yourself as well! 


From now on, I am going to try to do the same thing.  I plan to list my goals for the month by the first day of the month and review my previous month by that month's end.  

Here are my September goals: 

1. Use my new treadmill three days of the week.  
-- I hope to start the coach to 5k program.  Earlier this summer, my mother-in-law gave us a treadmill and I need to start using it!  Even if its 10 minutes a day, I want to get into the habit of using this new machine. 

2. Make three new recipes. 
-- I don't have any new recipes in mind but I have acquired a few of my Mom's recipes books lately.  

3.  Share my recipes and reviews on the blog. 

4. Read a new book this month. 
-- I am thinking I will pick one of the many books that I have bought recently and have never read.  Maybe 'Always the Bridesmaid', 'The Smart One and The Pretty One', 'Bright Lights, Big Ass', or 'Such a Pretty Fat'.  Just one book and I will be satisfied.  I need to get back in the habit of reading instead of just watching TV. 

5. Organize our office. 
-- The space is in need of some major overhaul.  I need to tackle the closets, bookshelves and desk drawers. 

6. Get ready for Recruitment with my advisee. 
-- I recently volunteered to be the recruitment advisor for my sorority-- Go Kappa!  Anyway, recruitment is in January and I want to be as organized as possible.  I want to get started right away with the planning.  

7. Sew some more cute stuff for *Smooches*. 
-- I have some great stuff that I need to finish up and get posted.  I have a few projects that I want to work on.  Tutus, taggies and blankets -- you know you want this stuff for your little ones! 

8. Set up my Flickr account. 

9. Plant tulips in the back yard. 

10. Plant mums at my parents house 

11. Monogram my galvanized buckets before fall really gets here so I can show off my pretty mums!

12. Take Maggie for a walk once a week.  
-- I know that sounds terrible, but the pooch is awfully lazy.  I think if I can get her out once a week for about 45 minutes, she would be a little more behaved.  

I will update ya'll at the end of the month to let you know how I do!  

1 comments:

Cecilia 9/1/09, 3:30 PM  

What a good idea! I think I will start doing this. I love lists and goals. Good luck with yours!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

As you can imagine, this blog is about me -- a southern girl, well woman actually, living in a northern city. I don't claim to be from Mississippi or any other southern state but my accent might fool you. And I don't claim to live in New York-- really, I live in a mid-western city. From the small, southern town where I was raised, I am far from home but this is my new life. This blog will document my journey with my amazing husband and our pooch and the rest of our family.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP